How to Choose the Best Drug Rehab Service?
When it comes to choosing a drug rehab service that is right for yourself or a loved one, it is not always easy to know what questions to ask to zero in on the relevant points. After all, drug rehab services can take many different forms. Read on for some ideas as to what types of questions you should be asking.
1. Does the drug rehab center offer a selection of drug rehab programs?
A drug rehab center that is right for you is one that addresses the many needs of its patients and realizes that no two patients necessarily require the same type of treatment. Many rehab centers offer inpatient drug rehab, outpatient drug rehab, as well as residential programs. Some drug rehab programs also have the option of short-stay treatments. Be aware that it is best left up to a doctor who is trained in addiction medicine to decide which type of treatment option is best for a patient.
2. How much does the drug rehab program cost?
There is no getting around the dollar and cents question when it comes to treatment at a drug rehab center. It is important to find out beforehand what is included in the total price, what portion of the total will be covered by your health insurance policy, and which programs are fee-for-service and which are not. Always bear this in mind when discussing the cost of a program, whether it be an inpatient drug rehab program or another kind- “Price can be meaningful only in the context of performance and quality.”
3. Does the drug rehab program have on-site medical care?
It is always good for patients when a drug rehab center offers 24/7 care by qualified doctors and nurses. In this way, the detoxification process of each individual can be carefully monitored, and any modifications to treatment plans can be altered accordingly.
4. Is the rehab center accredited?
Be very conscientious about the medical credentials and accreditation of the drug rehab center. If a program has earned a JCAHO accreditation (Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations), then this means that it has been shown to have met national standards for above-average medical care in a drug rehab facility. This is very important for those considering the treatment programs at such a center. It is also essential that you verify that the drug rehab center has the appropriate state licensing.
The following are a few more questions that you need to consider:
- Does the treatment program take into account all of the needs of the patients, including medical, psychological, and social?
- Does it also take into account that drug abuse sometimes coexists with mental illness?
- Does the treatment program take into account physical disabilities and sexual orientation?
- Does it customize its services to take into account the differences in its patients with regard to age, gender, and culture?
The above questions will help you to hone in on the drug or alcohol rehabilitation program that will best suit your individual and specific needs.