Party time: 4 gin cocktails to add to your 2022 drinks list
Gin is one of the world’s go-to spirits and has been for hundreds of years. It is a smooth, herbal spirit that is highly versatile and goes wonderfully in plenty of cocktails.
Whether you’re throwing a garden party or looking to enjoy a couple of classic cocktails to have after dinner, you can’t go wrong with a few of the big names or even some funky newcomers.
So, with that in mind, here are four classic and new cocktails containing this spirit that you should definitely add to your 2022 drinks list:
1. The legendary Tom Collins
The Tom Collins is an old cocktail, dating way back to the 10th Century, and given the fact it has been so popular for so long you know it must be good. A quality Australian gin will help you make this unrivalled classic:
Visit The website bettwoo and myfeedster More Information telegram
- 45ml gin
- 30ml lemon juice
- 15ml simpler sugar syrup
- Soda water
- Maraschino cherry for garnish
- Place the spirit, sugar syrup and lemon juice into an ice-filled, chilled highball glass and give it a stir.
- Top the drink with soda water.
- Garnish with the cherry and a curling lemon peel.
2. Zesty sour
This is another funky twist on the classic sour, which can include a mixture of the spirit to provide a sweet, sour and tart beverage that is just divine on a warm summer’s afternoon.
- 30ml Australian gin
- 30ml Beefeater orange gin
- 30ml grapefruit juice
- 30ml lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- 15ml simple sugar syrup
- Angostura bitters
- Put all the cocktail ingredients into your shaker without the ice and give it a good 15 second shaking (this will ensure the egg mixes through the drink).
- Place the ice into the shaker and continue vigorously shaking for 30 seconds.
- Strain the cocktail into a lowball glass before garnishing the beverage with the Angostura bitters.
3. New style negroni
This is a cheeky little twist on the famous negroni, with the sloe variation making it a bit sweeter. This delicious take on the classic cocktail is always a winner and will surely impress your guests.
- 15ml dry
- 15ml sloe
- 15ml sweet vermouth
- 15ml Campari
- Sprig of thyme and blood orange for garnish
- Place ice in a glass (three quarters full).
- Pour in each of the spirits.
- Give the cocktail a gentle stir before garnishing with the sprig of thyme and orange peel.
Some people like to say this doesn’t classify as a cocktail, but we see it as one of the true legends of the cocktail world. Easy to make, super refreshing and pretty much a winner with anyone who drinks them, the classic G&T shouldn’t be overlooked by drink snobs who care about the number of spirits that go into a beverage.
- 45ml gin
- Tonic water
Garnishes (your choice):
- Juniper berries
- Lime wedge
- Lemon peel
- Pour the spirit over ice before adding tonic water.
- Garnish with the ingredients of your choice!
As you can see, this classic spirit is crazy versatile and can make anything from a sweet, floral drink to something delightfully sour and more. Just be sure to pick up a good quality label as this can make all the difference in how you enjoy your cocktails.
Latest Website ourtime and wink More website marburn
Regardless, you are sure to enjoy some beautifully refreshing drinks with this fabulous, classic spirit!