Trees are blooming, temps are rising, and it’s time to shake off winter. If you feel like your weekly menus could use a seasonal shake-up, here are two delicious recipes featuring frozen shrimp.
Sheet Pan Jumbo Shrimp Fajitas
You can whip up these tasty sheet pat shrimp fajitas in under half an hour and clean them up in minutes since it’s made in a single foil-lined pan.
1 9oz package frozen SeaPak Jumbo Butterfly Shrimp
1 1/2 Tbsp EVOO
2 bell peppers sliced into strips. Use any color you like.
1 red onion, sliced into thin strips
1 package or three heaping tbsp fajita seasoning mix
4 soft taco-sized flour tortillas
1 lime, cut into wedges
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 ripe avocado, sliced
- Preheat your oven to 450ºF.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Place peppers and onions on the sheet along with the olive oil and fajita seasoning. Toss to coat, and then spread the veggies evenly over the baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Place the frozen SeaPak Jumbo Butterfly Shrimp in a single layer in the open area. Don’t put shrimp on top of the veggies since this will cause the shrimp to steam rather than cook up crisp. After 5 minutes, push the vegetables and juices over to one side of the baking sheet to make room for the shrimp.
- Return the pan to the oven for 14 minutes. During the last 2 minutes, place the tortillas over the vegetables so they can warm and soften. Alternatively, you can char the tortillas over the flame while the shrimp and veggies bake.
- To serve, place veggies and shrimp in a flour tortilla, squeeze with lime juice, and top with chopped cilantro and avocado.
Hot Honey Coconut Shrimp and Waffles
This recipe for shrimp waffles with a sweet and spicy sauce is tasty, fun, and easy. In other words, it’s a perfect weeknight dinner.
1 10 oz package frozen SeaPak Jumbo Coconut Shrimp
4-8 frozen homestyle waffles
¼ cup honey
½ teaspoon chipotle chili powder (plus more if you like things hot)
4 tablespoons butter
1 lime, zested, and cut into wedges
- Preheat your oven to 425ºF.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil. Place the frozen SeaPak Jumbo Coconut Shrimp in a single layer on half of the baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes. During the final 6 minutes, add the waffles to the other side.
- While the shrimp and waffles bake, prepare the hot honey sauce by combining the honey, chili powder, butter, and ½ of the lime zest in a small saucepan. Heat until the butter is melted.
- To serve, top each crispy waffle with shrimp and then drizzle with the warm hot honey sauce. Garnish with lime zest and a lime wedge on the side.